Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Gift



I received a gift,
Wrapped in pretty paper,
Decorated with a colorful ribbon.
It caught me completely by surprise.
For a while I just stood in admiration
Of the beautiful package,
The tremendous care that was taken
To make it so beautiful.

Then carefully I open it,
I gasp for air as I see the contents…
Not just one, but many…
Love,
Positivity,
Truth,
Talents,
Intellect,
Integrity.

Slowly I take a good look at each one…
With thankfulness I marvel at how much I have.
Carefully I unpack them.
Then…
I see the note…

“What are you choosing to do with each of these?”

I realized:
Every gift will be left unopened,
Unless we choose,
Make a decision to use it.
Only when it is out of the box,
Accepted, Applied
Will it mature, blossom...

The true gift is choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment