Friday, December 17, 2010

Flight to Freedom



I climb in, accompanied by adrenalin, anticipation, expectation, excitement.
I see the vibrant colors and enjoy the energy of this experience.
Then they light the flame and an accelerated rush of excitement goes through my whole being.
This is finally happening!  I am ready!
I take a moment to drink in every piece of detail of this glorious moment; the meadow, green, clouds; birds, beautiful colors above, the flame as I feel its heat.
Then a sudden movement, filled with enough hot air to take off.

But, it only moves a few feet, then stops.
I look down and see the rope still pinned securely to the ground, in fact, more than one rope…
Looking closer I am startled by the recognition.
I see my fears, my self-pity, and worthlessness, lack of self-love, victimhood, not feeling good enough and most of all doubt…

I choose!  I choose to look up at Hope and with the deep sense of peace I get the answer:  “Break it!”
One by one I break them. Affirming over and over whom I truly am, and what I truly am.
I choose to disconnect from each one, from the people connected to them, the emotions, the negativity, working through forgiveness, releasing.
Little by little there is more movement – upwards…
With diligence I push forward and then the voice: “Just Be…”

“I am!” - I see how the last rope is being released, gently, lovingly.
I take a deep breath as I see, feel and experience FREEDOM!
I take one last glance down and see the broken ropes as they become smaller and smaller and I KNOW that I just said farewell to my past.
I choose to look up, to look at the real me, the freedom, the potential…
I feel Love, Joy, Worth, Value, Trust and Success.
I am complete:  I lack no more!

Flying, in my hot air balloon.

No comments:

Post a Comment