Friday, December 24, 2010

Hot or Cold for Christmas?



As I am preparing the turkey for tomorrow’s feast, I cannot help but think back on how Christmas has changed for me over the years.
From the carelessness of childhood, the warmth as it can only be in Bloemfontein in December or the beautiful beach of Bothastrand;
BBQ or cold cuts and salads - to the life and responsibilities of single parenthood, the cold as only Calgary can be in December (a balmy 0* C today – could have been – 20*); 
A turkey dinner with stuffing, cranberry sauce and don’t forget the eggnog!!!
From being surrounded by family, to starting my own traditions.

I am happy to live a life today where I decided to only allow positives in it. 
The fruits are fantastic and glorious. 
I see the blessings in every situation in my life and with a thankful heart I prepare the turkey to celebrate the birth of Christ with children, new adopted family and dear friends, even strangers. 
After a month of continuous caroling (which I was told lights me up like a Christmas tree), I truly have the spirit of Christmas in my heart today.
I thank God for the gift of technology (skype) that brings my family in South Africa into my house.
And I thank Him for bringing so many beautiful people across my path this year, to touch my heart and help me grow.
How blessed am I!

Have a fantastic Christmas, however you celebrate, whatever you eat and regardless of how warm or cold the temperatures are.  
It is what is in the heart that truly counts!

Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment